Meet the LIVE speaker: Ethical Toy Program CEO Carmel Giblin
Name: Carmel Giblin
Company: Ethical Toy Program
Position: CEO & President
Year joined: 2018
Attending: Thursday 28 April
Panel Discussion: Supply chain agility
Who is Carmel Giblin?
Carmel Giblin is the President & CEO of the ICTI Ethical Toy Program (ETP) and has been with the organisation since 2015. She is responsible for the global success of the ETP.
Giblin says: "I believe passionately that businesses globally have a duty to behave responsibly, at all times protecting the rights of their workers, the communities in which they operate and the environment in which they live and work. I am proud to be part of the world’s leading initiative committed to improving the lives of workers involved in toy and juvenile products production."
Before joining the Ethical Toy Program, Giblin was CEO of Sedex for five years, an organisation that under her leadership grew to become the world's largest technology and services company in the responsible-sourcing sector.
Earlier roles include:
- Head of Corporate Responsibility & Accessibility at Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment company,
- Buyer at retailers Somerfield, Waitrose, and Exxon Mobil
- Roles in drinks companies Britvic Soft Drinks and Allied Domecq that included customer management, risk management and organisational design and effectiveness reviews.
Who is Ethical Toy Program?
The ETP is a specialist responsible sourcing program for the toy industry. It says that it "goes beyond compliance audit to provide assurance, eliminate sustainability risks, and offer social impact investment opportunities in the global supply chain."
About Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: The Risk & Resilience Conference
This year, sister publications Procurement Magazine and Supply Chain Digital are heading back to the Tobacco Dock (London, UK) to host Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: The Risk & Resilience Conference.
The two-day hybrid event will be held on the 27th and 28th of April 2022, in-person and broadcast live via our fully interactive virtual platform.
To attend in-person or virtually for Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: Risk & Resilience, click here.
Across these two unmissable days, the agenda will include seven core themes:
- Supply Chain Risk & Resilience
- Digital Procurement
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Global Logistic Forum
- Supplier & Contract Management
- Digital Ecosystems
To explore the full agenda for Procurement & Supply Chain LIVE: Risk & Resilience, click here.
- 78% of procurement execs recognise the importance of Scope 3Sustainable Sourcing
- How committed is construction to sustainable procurement?Sustainable Sourcing
- CPOs 'can drive sustainable & profitable construction'Procurement Strategy
- Dun & Bradstreet urges procurement 'to act on risk'Risk Management