US$618mn for Accenture to protect federal judiciary
US$618mn has been awarded to Accenture Federal Services (AFS), a subsidiary of Accenture, to enhance the United States Marshals Service’s (USMS) mission-critical IT systems.
The USMS supports the federal justice system with:
- Protecting the federal judiciary
- Apprehending federal fugitives
- Transporting federal prisoners
- General law enforcement duties
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in supply chain and procurement services as well as digital, cloud and security.
Suppliers looking ahead
USMS provides support to 94 district offices and several sub-offices across the United States, including four foreign field offices.
“Accenture Federal Services understands the critical role the United States Marshals Service plays within the U.S. federal justice system and is thrilled to continue our support for the nation’s oldest federal law enforcement agency”, said Jenna O’Steen, AFS managing director and Justice & Judiciary sector lead. “Looking ahead, we’re excited to unlock new insights through the integration of operational data that will increase officer safety and improve overall workforce productivity.”
Accenture: a true supplier marketplace
This essential work will cover advanced analytics, mobile application development, cloud, biometrics and geospatial capabilities.
The comprehensive, integrated technology effort supports the agency in continuing to roll out emerging technologies, such as automation, with the goal of retiring outdated legacy systems, enhancing security and reducing costs.
- Sourcing & procurement: Keelvar secures US$24mn in fundingTechnology & AI
- SirionLabs ramps up its investment in CLM with US$85mnTechnology & AI
- Walk through the history of the procurement industryDigital Procurement
- Trailblazer: Meet Anna Spinelli, CPO at Deutsche Post DHLProcurement Strategy